nand Nerd . info - Sculpt Texture Generator
Welcome to my Neon Names page, here you'll find out about the latest in my sculpt tools and the first sculpt tool that can be operated from within Second Life. Well what is it? It's designed to fabricate a sculpt map with up to eight characters, allowing you to make signs or titlers, enhance posters or just put your name in big shiny letters.
Wear your name with pride!
So how do you use it? Simple, pop down to my store in Rendervisions Isle (home of The Art Door community) and say on channel 5 the text you want displayed on a sculpted prim, i.e. "/5 nand is AFK", you'll get a preview of the sculpted text on the vendor (it cheats though and uses a single prim for each character, oh the horror!) and you'll be told how much it will cost to generate it. [For a limited time the credits will cost only $L50 each (a credit = a sculpt map) so get down there fast!] When you have the desired text and paid the vendor the exact change you can hit print and watch as the printing machine leaps into action. Behind the scenes your text is transmitted to this website where the sculpt maps are generated (in a similar way to the free sculpt tools available on this website) and a link is sent to you in-world which allows you to download your sculpt maps and then upload them into Second Life (wish there was some way to automate that process). You'll now have your sculpt maps in your inventory but what do you do with them? The vendor will pass you a parcel which you can rez on the ground (or attach) and use to apply your sculpt maps, all you have to do is drag the sculpt map from your inventory into the contents of the parcel. If you want to have a go at applying the sculpt map to your own prims then be sure to set your sculpt map type to Plane.
Please do let me know what wonderful ways you make use of your sculpted text and if you have any problems or questions drop me an IM or notecard in Second Life.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What characters can I use in my sculpt? A: Currently only upper-case letters, numerical characters and a few punctuation marks are available though this will likely be expanded once the vendor is up and running.
- Q: Can I see examples of sculpted text in Second Life? A: Most certainly, I can arrange to show you the collection of names I have sculpted for my friends and there will be a few on display in my store.
- Q: Can I use my sculpted text for/on/in ...? A: Feel free to use the sculpt map however you wish, though I would prefer that you do not distribute or sell the sculpt map [texture] (do share among friends, do not put in vendors or freebie boxes etc).
- Q: Can I have a different font? A: Please be patient, I do intend to give you more fonts and extend the character set but this will take some time. If you have a specific request do let me know and I can try to make it a priority.
- Q: I have a question which is not listed here. A: Please get in touch with nand Nerd by IM or Notecard.